Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

285 - Benefits





Today was our open enrollment for health insurance.  We were given 2 options - a PPO type or the one like a health savings plan.  Obviously, I went with the PPO since I don't really know much about the other one.  What I do know about the PPO is that things have definately changed - deductable of $3000; $100 deductable on prescriptions; have to pay 30% of any labs.  Top that off with the cost of insurance going up, it wasn't a fun meeting.

I know, I know - the positive.  Health insurance is a part of our benefit package.  It's exactly that - a benefit.  The company does not have to provide it, but they do.  The benefits are a part of the overall pay - when you consider taking a job you weigh in the benefits offered by the company, and when the company looks at what they're paying you, they weigh in the cost of the benefits.  My counterpart in I.T., the guy who manages our network/helpdesk staff, has just given his notice.  Why?  Because there is no retirement plan as a part of our benefits.  He has to weigh that.

For me, it's either start looking at other jobs or be grateful that we do have insurance and it didn't go up any more than it did.  For now, I'll focus on the positive of the latter.

TTFN!

Some LOLCats to pick me up...

I busted out laughing at this one:




No comments:

Post a Comment