Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Sunday, May 23, 2010

296 - And All That Jazz

Come on, Babe, why don't we paint the town ...

The last show of the Jacksonville Broadway Season was tonight - Chicago.  It's been here 3 times, and yes, I saw it all 3 times (plus once on Broadway).  I love this show, though, and will see it again.  The evening started out with a wonderful dinner with Stacy.  It was so good to be able to talk with her one-on-one, catch up on life and continue our friendship.  EJG and IMG met us at the theatre, and we proceded down to our pit seats.  In many ways, I love being being that close to the stage (front row, pit) because it's easy to separate the actors from their characters.  True, you don't get the over-all view of the stage, but I still watch a show partially with a learner's eye.  This cast was not the best I've seen (as a friend of mine put it, Roxie was a member of AARP), but it was still good.

You can't beat good friends and an evening of theatre.  I count myself a very lucky person.

It's good, isn't it?
Grand, isn't it?
Great, isn't it?
Swell, isn't it?
Fun, isn't it?
Nowadays

No comments:

Post a Comment