Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Thursday, June 3, 2010

307 - God Speed Rue


I'm going to borrow from my friend Michael and make this more of a 'grateful' post than a 'positive of the day' post.  Today, another Golden Girl passed away.  Rue McClanahan, 'Blanche' on The Golden Girls, died of a massive stroke.  I loved the character Blanche, her raw humor and complete acceptance of herself.  That show is one of the best comedy shows I've seen.  I'm also grateful that I have an autographed copy of Nunsense starring Ms. McClanahan.

Some favorite Golden Girls / Blanche Quotes
Dorothy: There's a man on our lawn
Blanche: Get the net!!

Dorothy: Oh c'mon, Blanche. Age is just a state of mind.
Blanche: Tell that to my thighs.

Blanche: He is so sophisticated and charming and rich and handsome. He fairly screams Blanche. At least, he will when I'M through with him.

Blanche: I do love the rain so. It reminds me of my first kiss.
Dorothy: Ah, your first kiss was in the rain?
Blanche: No, it was in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment