Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Friday, June 25, 2010

329 - Science Fiction, Double Featuer


Last summer, The Rocky Horror Show was down at Limelight Theatre, but because of Into The Woods, I was unable to see it.  It's one of Haze's favorite movies (pictured above), so when I saw they were going to reprise it this summer, I told her I'd take her there for her birthday.  Unbeknownst to her, I emailed Shelli to see if she would save us two good seats (open seating in the Studio Theatre), and Shelli said she'd tell Blake (above) it was Haze's birthday.  Since I didn't know when it was going to happen, I couldn't get my phone ready to take a pic, but Haze got a short lap dance from the above pictured Dr. Frank N. Furter.  With the dance along with all the cast attention since she was sitting on the aisle, she had a BLAST! 

And what fun it was.  From a theatrical point of view and all that, probably not the best show, but so much fun!  It took me back to the midnight movies in high school where we would dance, throw stuff, talk back to the screen and more.  It was the first time in almost 30 years that I've done the Time Warp with other Rocky fans.  I didn't forget a step, though.  I had, however, forgotten almost all of the audience shout-outs, but the peeps they had placed in the theatre knew them.  I did get thinking that if someone had come to the show not knowing about the audience shout-outs, they probably would have been very annoyed.

Two characters were selling lunch sized paper bags of props in the lobby before the show.  The bags included water pistols, confetti, birthday hats, rubber gloves, playing cards, balloons, newspaper, and probably some other things.  There were two people on each side of the stage that held up poster-sized instruction cards to the audience that told them when to use each prop.  And any audience members who were live Rocky virgins were leied.  (Note the lei around Haze's neck in the above pic.)

One of the best parts, though, was Juan's brief appearance.  Wow, can that man SING!  Haze remembered him from Into The Woods and was even more impressed last night with his range and power.

After the show, the entire cast and planted audience members were in the lobby to greet patrons, take pictures, talk and laugh.  What fun it was to see these young people, whose parents probably didn't know each other back in the day when we went to the midnight movie, posing for pictures with cast members. 

The show is SO camp, but I'm smiling and laughing to myself just typing this blog.  The only thing with the show is that I was wishing I was one of the 'phantoms' in the show.  It would have been so much fun to be a part of it.

Let's do the Time Warp again!!!


Rocky & Haze


Juan & Me.
He does not have little pompoms on his head.  He has this amazing mohawk.  There are just two dark headed guys standing behind him.



Link to all the photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2067753&id=1435721657&l=b61865e32e

No comments:

Post a Comment