Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Monday, July 12, 2010

346 - More Vacation?


When I first scheduled my vacation, I planned on taking Friday, July 2nd off.  Then I realized it was end of month, so I changed my vacation to starting on July 3rd.  What I forgot, however, was that Outlook keeps the number of days or hours the same if you update a current calendar item. 

I got to work, and Steve looked at me saying, "What are you doing here?"  He told me I was still on vacation.  Later in the morning, Joe (boss) said the same thing, so I checked Outlook.  Sure enough, when I changed the start date of my vacation from July 2nd to July 3rd, Outlook changed the end date from July 11th to July 12th.  By lunch, I'd caught up all the stuff that didn't get done while I was gone, and took the rest of the day off.  After all, they weren't expecting me to be there.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment