Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Friday, April 2, 2010

245 - They're Coming Back!


I was thinking about my blog earlier today and wondering what positive I could write about.  It's been a day like most others - frustrated at work because I'm back in the same place I was 2 years ago, a place where I was completely burnt out; no desire to really push projects because of the burn out; nothing much going on at home because it's a work day.  But then I got a Facebook post.  Terry Goodkind will be writing another book about Richard and Kahlan.

Some books become a part of your life.  The Sword of the Truth series, an 11 book series by Terry Goodkind, did that to me and a few of my friends.  None of the books are short.  The first two in paperback are over 1000 pages; fortunately, they do get a little shorter after that.  The story follows Richard, a young man in a world without magic, who finds out that he's the grandson of a wizard and must fight to free the magical lands from the tyranny of a Rahl.  Oh, they are wonderful books.  The series ended with the 11th book.  It was happy/sad.  I felt the Terry Goodkind did a wonderful job of wrapping up the series, but that doesn't mean that I missed my time with Richard and Kahlan.

Then today - the post on his Facebook page that said a new book would be out early in 2011.  Woot!!!  A little glimpse of his fan base ... there were so many hits on his website after that announcement that it took the hosting servers down.  So, they cleared everything off the site except for the video announement so everyone would get a chance to see it.

Now the countown begins ... to when Richard and Kahlan come back into our lives.  I can't wait to see what's next, and this book will def be pre-ordered.  My friends who read this blog and the books - you know what your Christmas present is going to be!  :-)

Anticipation!

Wizard's First Rule:

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything.
Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."  (From Book 1 - The Sword of the Truth.)

No comments:

Post a Comment