Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Monday, April 12, 2010

255 - Workshopin' Bill

Devlin Mann, of The Blacklight Theatre Group, brought Rob Clare into town (into the country) to do 3 evening workshops on acting Shakespeare.  The workshops were held downtown at the Florida Theatre. Local actors are participating in the workshops; me, I'm observing. I'm totally ignorant when it comes to the classics, especially Shakespeare. However, I learned a lot in just observing Rob work with the actors.

My fav quote of the night was, "Rehearsal is the exploration of what's possible."  So much was talked about finding specific words for emphasis, and exploring why one word was used over the other.  Good exercises that can be taken into any theatre experience.

Watching and soaking all that in really makes me want to learn to be a better actor. The big question is finding the energy to put into that while still working the type of job I have, keeping up with the house and my other hobbies.

Here's one of Devlin's pics from the workshop.  Others can be viewed at:
http://www.thebacklighttheatregroup.org/The_BackLight_Theatre_Group/Rob_Clare_workshop_pics_day_one.html

No comments:

Post a Comment