Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Wednesday, April 28, 2010

271 - Security


This afternoon, I discovered a screw-up that I made in January.  It cost the company over $3000 in lost revenue, at least right now.  The 'Powers That Be' may decide they can get that back.

There are so many issues with this.  Yes, I made a mistake. BUT - as long as they continue to run my department as lean as they are yet expect us to keep creating new projects or doing major changes to existing ones, there will be mistakes, bigger ones than I found today.  They also expect the I.T. department to police entries.  When???  I've lost most of this week to auditing site data when I have a MAJOR launch coming up in 2 weeks.

Ok.  My blog is supposed to be something positive in the day.  The positive is that in this economy, I have as much job security as anyone can have.  I might screw-up, but it's not going to cost me my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment