Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Thursday, April 15, 2010

258 - VETO


Today, Governor Crist vetoed the education bill that was pushed so rapidly through both the Florida House and Senate.  I rarely, rarely talk about politics, and rarely even personally get worked up over anything political, but this bill, geesh!  I read defense of both sides - those for and against - and just couldn't see any way this would have helped our state education system.  Last night when I was driving over the Main Street bridge, there were protesters with signs that stretched all the way across the bridge.  I lowered my window, waved and honked.

From what I've read, the governor's decision to veto this bill will not win him any friends in the Republican party, but he was won many supporters in the state.  Many have said, "We'll remember in November."  I am SO happy for my friends who teach in the public school system.  I know they are breathing a sigh of relief tonight.

Here's an article in today's Washington Post online about it:

This was by far the best letter/article against the bill that I read.  It's from the St. Johns County School Board.

Rest well, my friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment