Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Thursday, April 22, 2010

265 - Not Defeated


Some days are harder than others.  Today was one of those hard days.  My Sr. Developer did some AWESOME work on something the WTF asked for.  In Wednesday's meeting, everyone was on board that there needed to be a marketing campaign for it and that the branch managers had to do hands on training so they could encourage the agents.  Today, we find that the manager's say they can't make it to onsite meetings, and we're told to do a webinar.  In so many ways, it just pointed out that it was all talk in Wednesday's meeting.  They want it and they want it NOW, but they don't step up and take that demand outside of our meeting.  My entire department is feeling very defeated because it seems that the awesome work my developers do is not recognized.  I'm tired of hearing that we're losing agents because we don't have something that another company does, but when it's provided, they don't push it.  I.T. cannot be the Marketing department as well.

I guess my positive in this day would be that 1) I'm not alone, and 2) I work with awesome people.  It's hard, though, to try to pick up their morale when mine sinks so low.  And now we're on the countdown to see if we'll have raises; none of us are holding our breath.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment