Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

264 - Haunted by Shakespeare


Last week, I sat in 3 Shakespeare Master Classes. This past weekend, I stopped by Barnes and Noble to browse through their bargin books, and I came across "Interred with Their Bones," a debut novel by Jennifer Lee Carrell. Mind you, it's a "The Da Vinci Clode" clone, but really, how often do we find books with completely original plots these days? For $6, it was worth giving it a try.

Tonight, I cracked the cover of the book and started reading. It's an easy read. The main character, Kate, is sent on a literary chase to find a lost work of William Shakespeare ... There are many references to Shakespeare, of course, and the prologue to each "Act" in the book takes you back to Shakespeare's time for a few pages.

Continuing the Shakespeare vein ... I reconnected today (via FB) with Todd, our sherrif in the first show I was in.  He's moved to DC; still teaching college English.  He is, however, a Shakespeare geek. The best performance I ever saw him give was in "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, abridged."

I find the synchronicity of having just observed the Shakespeare Master Classes, finding this book on the bargin shelves and reconnecting with Todd, interesting. And those are my positives for this day!

TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment