Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

257 - She Got To Do Her Monologue

Photo by Devlin Mann of The Backlight Theatre Group

On the first night of the Shakespeare workshop, I met a young woman and her mother.  Her mother had seen the article about the workshops on Jacksonville.com and knew her daughter would love it, so they came.  She sat up on the stage the first 2 nights and watched, not having an opportunity to do her monologue.  I told friends of mine that I really, really hoped she was able to do it on the last night, almost to the point that I wanted to mention it to Devlin.  Fortunately, I didn't and she was the first one Rob asked up.  (That's her in the pic above.)

She was ready.  She knew her piece, and more than anything, she listened to what Rob said, trying to incorporate it.  It was evident that she had a love for Shakespeare.  I think she received the highest compliment from Rob in that he laughed at one point.  I even leaned over to SC to make sure he had actually laughed.  (I couldn't see him.)

I have no tangible reason why I was so glad to see her work, just an energy I felt.  Maybe it was what her mother said that first night, or maybe it was seeing the absolute joy in her eyes before the first session.  I don't know, but it was great to watch.

Had a wonderful dinner with a couple theatre friends who I don't see all that often.  It was great to soak up the conversation.  And even more friends were there that last night.  Was even re-introduced to John, whom I'd met on a number of occasions before I started doing theatre.

A couple other of Devlin's photos - top: Stacy is in complete concentration, and bottom, so am I!  All credit goes to Devlin for these photos.



Other photos from Day 3 are here on The Backlight Theatre Group's website:


No comments:

Post a Comment