Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Sunday, October 4, 2009

63 - Earnest


Friday night, I was finally able to attend “The Importance of Being Earnest” at Theatre Jax. I have to confess that I’m quite ignorant when it comes to the classics; while I know I took literature, both in high school and college, I have no recollection of the playwrites. Having no expectations than seeing Michael as a very handsome Englishman, the play was exceptional! No weak actors; lines delivered beautifully; costumes that dropped your jaw. Twice on Friday I told Tracy how wonderful the costumes were, and again I give a shout out to her talents. To know that she made those dresses just befuttles my mind.

Some of my favorite quotes:

Lady Bracknell: To lose one parent, Mr. Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune. To lose both looks like carelessness.
******
Lady Bracknell: 35 is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained 35 for years.
******
Algy: My dear Aunt Augusta, I mean he was *found out*. The doctors found out that Bunbury could not live - that is what I mean - so Bunbury died.
Lady Bracknell: He seems to have had great confidence in the opinion of his physicians.

Michael posted these pics of the actors and the costumes. I don’t think he’ll mind them being reposted.  And I'm really looking forward to sharing the stage with Stacy in "Aussie Song".  (She's the blonde in the pic below.)

My mantra ... Support your local theatres!
TTFN!












No comments:

Post a Comment