Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Monday, October 12, 2009

73 - Lock-n-Load, Heave-n-Hold!


Zeina was able to be with us again tonight, and came in, arms loaded down with costumes.  Fortunately in Act II, I only have 2 scenes (and only called for lines twice tonight!!!) so I was able to work with her.  Emma now has a couple dresses, blouse, skirt, vest, couple shawls and 2 hats to mix and match.  Whew!

After rehearsal and notes, Zeina was talking about what we all needed to provide on our own.  For the women she said, girdle or spanx (we don't have to wear a corsette) and a push up bra.  Then she said, "Lock and load; heave and hold" when referring to the push up bras.  OMG, I found that so funny. 

I do need to see if I have my old Motor Maids gloves.  I know I have white gloves, but on the way home I realized that mine are golf gloves, which obviously won't work for late 1800's.

Theatre is so much fun.  Not only transforming yourself into someone else, but going through the process of costumes, what works, what doesn't, etc.  I'm constantly amazed by the knowledge people have.

Time for some rest.
TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Zeina is one of those theatre folk I don't know very well ... hopefully I can fix that soon! If not before, I'm sure I'll be working with her on "Parade"!! Glad you're having a great time and I'm looking forward to seeing the show ...

    ReplyDelete