Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Thursday, October 15, 2009

76 - Girlfriends




What a day.  I've had headaches most of my life, but lately they've been just killer headaches.  Had one in the wee hours of this morning that kept waking me up, and by the time I got up this morning, had upset my stomach.  Couldn't really eat much.  Slept a couple of hours so that I couldn't miss my lunch date with a dear friend.  I don't see her all that often, so lunch today was important to me.

MDH and I met in May of 2000 when she came to work for us.  There were only 3 of us upstairs in "The Little White House", and we hit it off.  She retired in 2006 to start a family, and unlike a lot of office friendships, we have maintained contact and manage to get together for a long lunch every couple of months.  The difference between us and my graphic is that I talk and she listens.  :-)  Like she told me today, diapers don't make too engaging a conversation.  It was so very good to see her and talk.  I do still miss her at work, but am happy, happy, happy for her.

We have rehearsal tonight, but for the first time, I'm missing a rehearsal.  (I didn't even miss rehearsal the day I severely sprained and (found out later) fractured my ankle.)  Our lead is out of town on business, and I only have 1 scene without her.  After a lot of thought, I felt it was better for me to rest and get completely over the affects of this headache than to go tonight.  Yes, it is a positive that if I was going to feel this crappy, at least it was on a day where I really wasn't needed at rehearsal, and my guilt for missing is minimal.

I realized last weekend that Diva didn't have any toys other than bones ... because she'd destroyed everything else.  So, she got to go shopping again, and picked out some new toys.  That's her as she was playing with 3 of the 4 of them.
One was made of firehose material, supposedly so it couldn't be destroyed.  They lied.  It's completely destuffed, but she does play with the carcass.  Another is called Big Brute, and admittedly, it did take her longer to destuff that toy.  (2nd pic.)  I will be restuffing it since she gets such joy out of destuffing toys.  The yellow duck ... it has 9 different squeakers in it.  I'm only giving it to her at certain times to play with.  Then it goes on top of the bookcase for her to play with later.  Of course, she'll sit and stare at the 'special' toys on top of the bookcase.

Time to rest so I'm ready to be at the theatre for the next 10 days straight. 
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment