Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Saturday, November 14, 2009

106 - Tissues Needed


Rehearsal today was great.  Musically, we worked on the two "big" numbers in Act 1.  Even though my character is only in Act 2, I'm in "the crowd" (chorus) for these songs.  I don't want to give away too much of the show, but in both of these, the actors had tears in their eyes by the end of the song.  Our comments afterwards were that we think ABET needs to strategically place small boxes of tissues in each row.  Don't get me wrong - these are not "sad" songs, per se.  They are, however, touching and emotional.  And while it's no longer 1942, we still face similar issues and on some level can relate to this part of the story.

I must have not been listening at some point, or maybe it was left to just figure out ... one of our actors is the granddaughter of Teddy, the main character in the show.  I knew that she knew Frances (playwright) and Wendy (choreographer), but didn't know how.  Today I asked her, "How long have you known Frances?"  She was a little at a loss for words when she answered, "Well, she's my mom."  And Wendy?  She's her sister.  Now, how cool is that?  We're putting on a show about a real family who lives here in Jacksonville, and not only are some of the characters we're portraying coming to see the show, their "youngins" are actually involved in it.

I still hope and pray we can do this show justice for the Key family.  So far, it's sounding good.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment