Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Thursday, November 5, 2009

97 - Stars Align



I called my mother on the way to rehearsal last night and Dad answered with a terse, "I have to call you back. Bye."  With that statement, I knew something was wrong.  He called me back and said they were at the hospital.  Mother had suddenly started slurring her speech, so Dad rushed her to the emergency room.  The condition cleared up after about 15 minutes, but the staff at Baptist South took no chances.  They put her through every scan, test, etc., to make sure there was no blockage, no aneurism, no nothing.  And that's what the tests confirmed ... no nothing.  Since I've had an MRI on my brain, I had license to tease my mother that they examined her head and found nothing.  Empty up there.  Like mother like daughter.

While this was not fun and we certainly don't want it repeated, there are many, many positives.  The first being that she's ok.  Yes, it's a wake up call, but she's fine.  The staff, nurses, therapists and doctors at Baptist South were just phenominal.  Dad said they had her in a wheel chair and back to start tests before he started filling out paperwork.  The folks that I met today were kind, humorous. 

I'm very, very glad that they are in FL and not still up in TN.  Baptist South is a straight shot up I-95 from their home, and Dad had her there at 20 minutes after 5. 

Our family is not a touchy, feely type of family, but we do love each other.  We show we care by being there, joking around and finding humor.  My grandfather told me that if he didn't love me, then he wouldn't tease me, pull my hair, etc.  I am extremely grateful to the universe for aligning everything to work out so well.

Love-n-Light

3 comments:

  1. <3 Good news ... hope everything continues to go well. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mess with the brain. We know. SO glad that Mother is doing well. Every day a blessing for family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughter is a gift for those you love. I wish you many, many more years of laughter with your Mother.

    ReplyDelete