Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Wednesday, November 25, 2009

117 - Direction


I'm still fascinated with this thing called theatre.  It's hard to believe that 4 years ago at this time, being on this side of the 4th wall was still just a dream.  Aussie is show number 5, but it's the 4th show in the last 15 months.  In so many ways, I do feel like I'm living my dreams... well, I guess I am, actually.

Anyway, back to today's positive.  Direction.  I have enjoyed watching Caryl direct this show.  Each rehearsal, she finds a way to challenge us; challenge us to dig deeper as actors, to not take our character for granted, to find a way to capture the audience.  It amazes me to see her vision, to know that she can see beyond what we are putting forth at this point in time to what this show can possibly be next Friday when we open.  (Holy shit! Next Friday!!!)

Tonight's rehearsal, while hard, was positive because she challenged us.  I like that.  I like not being micro-directed, but guided while directed.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment