Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Wednesday, November 18, 2009

110 - Chicken Stuff


Ok.  I admit that the bottom photo isn't the most appetizing, but I didn't want to wait until the chicken had cooled enough to de-bone before writing my blogs.  So, instead of finding some pretty picture online, you get the ugly truth!  :-)

Lots of positives today - Mother is still in CVU, but doing well.  Docs say she'll be there another 3 or 4 days.  That said, they caught this while she was still asymptomatic ... but we are certainly VERY GLAD as the symptoms are not something any of us want to wait for!

Gratitude and positive are intermingling as I guess they can.  I am so glad that I have a job where I can work from wherever I have a high speed connection, and I work for a company that seriously does put family first.

It's also a positive that I don't mind cooking, and plan on turning this ugly chicken into my "chicken guts" (as I so lovingly call it).  Chicken guts is like my chili - I make so much that I don't have a pot big enough to add enough liquid.  So, you basically get what goes in chicken soup without a lot of the soupy part.  I'll take some chicken stock (which I have from cooking the bird this afternoon) along with the 'guts' so Dad, and eventually Mother, can make it the consistency they like it.  Everything in it is on the "OK" list for what she can eat since she's now on Coumadin.

A special shout out to my new friend and cast mate SCW.  She's a CCU nurse, and took the time to send me a long, detailed email explaining everything.  Angel ... that's what she is.

Blessings and good health to all ...

No comments:

Post a Comment