Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Sunday, November 29, 2009

120 - A Chorus of Sniffles


Rehearsal on Saturday was from noon until 6. Lots of great work was done. At 6pm, we were still finishing the run through. I’ve said before that this is a very moving show, and yesterday afternoon was proof of that. Most of the actors who were not in the scene were sitting out in the theatre. As Frank and Ann were singing, they were accompanied by piano and a chorus of sniffles. From the playwright/composer to the director to virtually every actor watching, eyes were full. One actor on stage was fighting to keep tears from spilling over, and you could see the tracks of tears through another’s makeup.

We found out that there is actually a group of Australian and New Zealand war brides that live in Jacksonville, and they’re hoping to come to one of our matinees. I tried to find out some information online, but all I found (thus far) is that around 7,000 Australian women came to America as war brides. It will be so exciting when this group comes to see this show. I can’t begin to imagine the sniffles we’ll hear that day.

I emailed Frances after I got home about the day’s rehearsal. I doubt she would mind me posting part of her reply: “You know, at times it is hard for me to believe, too, how strongly it affects all of you and certainly me, after knowing the story inside and out. The reason it happens is, I believe, the emotional investment that all of you make throughout the show, leading up to those final moments -this is what gives it such tremendous impact.”

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment