Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Friday, March 5, 2010

216 - Numbbutt


Oh, it was cold Thursday morning, the day I took off work to spend time with my dad on his birthday.  My uncle and cousin were down for Bike Week, so it was family day.  Unfortunately, the battery was dead on my Goldwing; when I called Mother, she said, "Just ride the 1200" (her other motorcycle).  Awesome!

Unfortunately, Cat, my cousin, wasn't feeling well and stayed home, but Mother, Dad, Keith and I went down to Rossmeyer's to look around and have lunch, then down to the track.  Keith travels with them in the summer, and they wanted new helmet to helmet communicators for their trip west this summer.  It was kind of funny to see them standing there at the vendor with their helmets on talking to one another via the communicators.


Oh, and my blog title?  I'm used to riding a Goldwing, aka Lazy Boy on 2 wheels.  This day, I was on my mother's Sportster 1200, which rides a bit differently.  As my butt was tingling, I got laughing to myself when I started thinking about The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged.  When they're doing Romeo and Juliet, one of the guys has the line, "I take thee at thy word, call me but love," and the other one starts laughing and saying, "Butt love!"  So, I start thinking "numb butt."  That was going down to Daytona.  On the way home, I started singing "Rhythm of Life" from Sweet Charity.  "To feel the rhythm of life; to feel the powerful beat.  To feel the tingle in your fingers; to feel the tingle in your feet."  Well, maybe you had to be in my head to get the humor!

TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment