Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Monday, March 15, 2010

226 - Pecan Pancakes


The Pancake Pantry in Gatlinburg will be celebrating it's 50th birthday on March 17th.  There was a nice segment about it on the local news (I'm in TN right now), so I figured it would be a nice place for breakfast on a Sunday morning.  I took 73 through the western edge of Smoky Mountain National Park to get to Gatlinburg, a nice 30 minute drive along the river.  There's been so much snow and rain up here that the river waters are all running quickly.  I was fortunate to find a parking place about 2 blocks away, and my wait was only about 15 minutes.

It didn't take long to decide on the pecan pancakes.  5 large pancakes with powdered sugar, pecan chunks, an ice cream scoop pile of butter, pecan syrup (with more pecans in the syrup), and yes, a side of bacon.  OMG - they were fabulous!!!  I was only able to eat 3, and of that I'm glad. 

I took some time to walk around Gatlinburg and work off some of that breakfast.  Right next to the Pancake Pantry is a candy store where they make their own taffy.  (See pics below.)  What fun it was to watch the kids with their faces pressed up against the glass watching the taffy being stretched, then cut and rolled in paper.  Then, a guy picked up a handful and brought it out to the kids to sample.  It was nice wandering around at my own pace, in and out of shops, sometimes just standing there watching the people.  Once it started sprinkling, I knew the rains were coming, so it was head for the truck and home.

Such good, good pancakes, and worth the trip.  I was actually craving them the next morning.  Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment