Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Friday, March 26, 2010

238 - There's No Place Like Home


On the road by 7:30; heading home.  If there's one thing I really learned after spending 2 1/2 weeks in Tennessee, Jacksonville is my home.  There are times when I kick around the thought of moving up to the Knoxville area; in 2002 I even seriously looked at available jobs in that area (due to some difficult times at work).  But, working up there for over 2 weeks with no family in town for our get-togethers helped me recognize how much I really have here and how difficult it would be to start over.

My home is not big or extravagant, but it's mine (and the bank's).  My job isn't the best in the world, but I have the closest thing to job security that one can have (and intangible benefits like being able to work wherever I have high speed access).  I have a wonderful circle of friends and acquaintances; I'd be lost without them.

I celebrated being home by videoing Home Games at ABET and broke bread with friends afterwards.

There is no place like home, and I'm so glad to be back to my home.
TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment