Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Sunday, March 7, 2010

217 - Leading Lady


What fun!!! I was anxiously awaiting Friday night ... to see some of my friends on stage again, introduce my cousin to our local theatre community, and yes, enjoy a good show.  All of these certainly happened. 

The play, Our Leading Lady, was wonderful.  Act I was theatrically funny - backstage antics from the actors in the play within the play.  I just love Stacy and couldn't wait for her to be on stage.  One of her first lines certainly tickled my funny bone - "Could you possibly speak a trifle softer? On this early morn there are leprechauns just FEASTing behind my eyeballs!"  (Stacy was awesome! I do love seeing her on stage.)  Act II was a less humorous, but watching the characters come together was great.  Especially loved how the end of the show was staged.  (Don't want to give away spoilers.)  It did leave me thinking about how the assassination of President Lincoln affected the theatrical community; something I'm sure no one thinks about.

The actors in this show - Fantastic!!!  There wasn't a weak link anywhere.  2 made their Jacksonville debuts, and I know we'll see them again.  Marybeth Antionette gave a truely remarkable performance, as did Tony Phillips.

If you are involved in theatre in any way - GO SEE THIS SHOW!!!!! I wish I had time to see it again; it was that good.

Drinks and conversation afterwards with friends.  I'm so grateful to be a part of this theatre community, and am thankful to everyone we saw that night - they were so welcoming to my cousin.  If she gets a job here in Jax, she'll have a grand time.

Exit, stage right.

No comments:

Post a Comment