Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Thursday, February 11, 2010

194 - Finding the Positive


Days like this had to come, this year long project to find the positive in each and every day. Yes, I had a nice dinner with Mother, Dad and DC, but the rest of the day was spent battling the negatives of work.  I'll try to find the positive.

While my take home pay has gone down for the past 3 years due to no raises, taxes increasing and everything else increasing, at least I'm gainfully employed with as much job security as one can have.  I haven't suffered a layoff or lost 50%-75% of my income as some of my friends have.

While I may not be able to take my intended vacation this summer, at least I'm still given the option to work from home and from TN when I need/want to.

While I deal with a "west wing" that does not understand the nature of IT work and how we're already maxed out yet they want more, at least I'm not alone.  My Sr. Developer and my boss share my frustration.

With my attitude being in the toilet, I do still enjoy the type of work I do and the people I work with.

Going to try to focus on these items as I head back into the office today and await news of how the meeting-after-the-meeting went.  That will determine much of how the rest of this year goes.

TTFN!




No comments:

Post a Comment