Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Friday, February 12, 2010

196 - Let The Rain Fall


REAL RAIN!
Rain is rain, brother!
It comes from the sky!
A wetness known as water.
Aqua Pura.
Mammals drink from it.
Fish swim around in it.
Little boys wade in it.
Birds flap their wings and sing a song like -
Sunrise!
WATER.
I recommend it!
It's gonna rain - all through the mornin'
It's gonna rain - all through the night!
It's gonna rain - all day tomorrow!
And Lord God Almighty, now won't that be a site!


Ever since I saw 110 In The Shade (NYC, summer of 2007), I have The Rain Song (above) going through my head whenever it rains.  I thought the whole musical was wonderful, and Audra McDonald was simply fabulous.  I still want to learn Raunchy as an audition piece .... maybe for Nunsense.  ??  (That would be a hoot.)

It was in the mid-40's all day today and raining.  It didn't get me down, though.  The sound of the rain is soothing, and curled up under blankets is snuggly.  The only downside is the wet paw prints, especially cat size on the coffee table's black glass.  But that's easy enough to clean up.

Due to freaking allergies, I had to cancel my plans for tonight.  So, I'm going to have a pizza delivered, watch the Olympic's Opening Ceremonies and listen to it rain.

Quack!





No comments:

Post a Comment