Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Tuesday, January 5, 2010

158 - Long Day




Another long day, and it's not over.  I'm working on my blog while the scripts are crunching data for the second time for open/written business reports.  After the data crunched and I ran some macros, I discovered that I didn't have the totals from last month in the data.  DAMN!  Previously when this would happen, I'd have to manually enter 40+ offices of data into the system because the totals had been overwritten with the current month's data.  A positive: I had run these on a different server last month and low and behold, the totals were in that table.  Thanking the Universe that all I had to do was import and append. 

Follow-up from last night's blog - I actually finished one of the reports for the managers to pull at their leisure.  I haven't released it to them yet as I need to get another one done and I'm currently stumped on how to program the filter.  It will come to me, probably in the middle of the night.


Follow-up on 121 - Duct Tape - A friend of mine who works in our Watson office in Wekiva sent me a "duct tape rose."  Her son has gotten into duct tape art, and this is absolutely fabulous.  It will be on my desk beside the rose I caught during the curtain call of "Chicago".

The first quarter of the year is typically the slowest in real estate, but for me it's the busiest.  Year end processing; survey data that our controller needs; 1099 data checks/audits; property depreciation tax data.  But tomorrow is a new day and month end will be behind me.


I played a little bit w/ my new digital video camera, which also takes stills.  It has 60x zoom and 2000x digital zoom.  For far away zooming, I know I need a tripod, and it only took the pics at 640x480 (don't know if I can adjust that), but it will be fun.  Haven't tried the video part yet.  The pic of Oliver was taken from about 35 feet away.  Pretty cool, huh?!

Wishing everyone a warm night!
TTFN!




1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to share the "rose" with my art teacher. Funny!

    ReplyDelete