Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Sunday, January 31, 2010

184 - Saint Joan



I didn't know what my positive was going to be today ... that I finished all my laundry?  That I was able to have a fire going most of the day?  Well, I realized my positive while driving home from my acting class.  It was watching SCW do her monologue from Saint Joan by George Bernard Shaw.

My knowledge of the classics is pretty much nill.  What I know, I've learned in the last couple years from community theatre.  I rarely have a desire to read or learn more; it just doesn't capture my interest.  But let me tell you - watching and listening to SCW do this monologue from Saint Joan had me captivated.  It's amazing to watch SCW walk up on stage as herself, close her eyes and take a deep breath, and then Joan is who we see and hear.  Her talent is inspiring.

I've had the priviledge to get to know SCW over the past few months, and she is a most delightful woman.  I value the friendship that we have, and hope that we will share a stage together again.

TTFN!

(PS - that is not her in the photo, but an actress in London who played Saint Joan.)




No comments:

Post a Comment