Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

165 - Sci-Fi



This morning, I didn't feel as badly as I had the past few days, felt like maybe the antibiotics were finally kicking this infection.  That said, I sat at my desk, without a break, longer than I should have.  Around 2:30, I headed for the couch, figuring I'd throw a DVD in and fall asleep.  Instead, I watched the first 4 episodes of Sanctuary, Season 1.

It's no secret that I like sci-fi shows.  Recently watched the new show "Caprica," which is set 50+ years before Battlestar Galactica.  Nope.  Never watched Battlestar, but figured I'd check out the new series.  I like it.  Love Frindge (FOX) and still watch re-runs of The X-Files.  Yep; sci-fi is right up my alley.  My friend Haze had recommended Sanctuary; said she and Stu were really enjoying it.  I have to say, we have the same taste. 

The tag line is "Even things that go bump in the night need protection."  The Sanctuary is the place where "abnormals" can be protected.  As I was watching, I kept thinking the lead character looked familiar.  Then I realized it was Amanda Tappings from Stargate SG-1.  Of course, it was difficult for me to recognize her when she went from mid-30's character with short blonde hair to a 150+ year old doctor with long brunette hair.  Go figure.  And to top it off, she has a propensity for wearing very long blazers, which I absolutely love!

As an actor, I found this very interesting: "Sanctuary blazes a trail across the TV landscape with never-before-seen production technology. Sanctuary is the first series to shoot extensively on green screen, using virtual sets and extraordinary visual effects."

Two positives wrapped up in this - another TV series to capture my attention, and this bug has eased enough that I didn't fall asleep.

A follow-up on yesterday's post, 164-You Rang?.  Oliver is still not consistent on ringing the chimes for me to let him out, but he's getting there.  I lowered them so they're now at nose level, which is helping.  I don't see this so much as training a cat; I see it as me showing him how to train me.  (And JSG, Diva would get scared by her own tail!)

TTFN!




1 comment:

  1. You owe it to yourself to watch "Battlestar Galactica" in its entirety from the very beginning ... one of the best series EVER to air on TV, IMHO ... OUTSTANDING, and I miss it a LOT. I saw the Pilot of "Caprica," and hope it lives up to "BSG" ... we'll see in a week or two!

    ReplyDelete