Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Tuesday, January 19, 2010

172 - Cold As Ice


You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our love
You never take advice
Someday you'll pay the price, I know

By far, the funniest and coolest thing to happen today was at lunch. The morning was so busy that I never did eat breakfast, so I decided to treat myself to a Five Guys burger. When I walked in around 12:30, I could tell that most people were still adhering to their New Year's resolutions. The place was only about 25% full, instead of packed like it usually is at that time of day. Place my order, got my drink and was waiting for my burger when “Cold As Ice” (Foreigner) came on. One of the cooks started singing along, and soon, everyone behind the counter was singing… and not singing softly! I smiled and enjoyed the show. Glancing around, I saw that most of the customers were smiling too. The song was still playing when I left, so I don’t know if they got applause when it was over, but it was very cool. Still has me smiling (and singing “Cold As Ice”).

Those who know me well know that I HATE yard work. Tuesday is the day when my yard man typically visits, but with it being winter, he hasn’t been here since end of November. I was disappointed today that he didn’t come by … I really wanted him to mulch up all the leaves with his mower. By 4:30 today, I couldn’t handle it any longer and knew I had to try to rake and bag the leaves. I say “try” because lately I’ve had really bad acid reflux reaction if I did any kind of activity that had me bending over. I figured I’d do just a couple bags hoping not to aggravate it. Well, I guess the new Prevacid 24 is working, and I was cautious not to bend over too much. I got it all done. The pictorial presentation is below. I feel MUCH better about the back yard. (Still have to do the front yard, but it doesn’t bother me as much.)

TTFN!

Last summer, the one tree in my back yard.


 Same tree this afternoon.


 Before I started raking.


Leaves are piled 18-24 inches high.


Diva just as to help.


After the leaves are all bagged and tagged.


Next ... the gutters.  They're FULL.









No comments:

Post a Comment