Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

166 - Positive Energy





Positive Energy
I am a conduit for universal energy, allowing me to do good and righteous things. May this pure and positive force guide my every thought and action.


Some people use their blogs to spout their religious or political beliefs, and some use it to just rant. My friends focus on the positive – what they’re grateful for or the positive things that happen in their lives. My blog, for the past 165 days, has been to find the positive in each day, and suffice to say, I’ve managed to do that. Today, with the situation in Haiti, it seems a little selfish to look at my day and spout the positive.

The images on the news were horrible tonight, and I know we weren’t seeing the worst of it. My eyes filled with tears at the corpse of a baby lying there outside of a medical facility where people have been waiting outside in line since last night, where they say they don’t have enough gas for the generators or medicines to see everyone. I was angered horribly when I saw the video clip of Pat Robertson saying that Haiti swore a pact with the Devil in 1791 and thus has been cursed. He said that is may be a “blessing in disguise.” How, I ask, can the death of possibly over 100,000 people be a blessing in disguise? The worst thing to happen to this generation of Americans was when we were attacked on September 11, 2001. Imagine that happening over 30 times in the same day … that’s what it would have taken for us to lose 100,000 people.

I don’t partake in political discussions, and I don’t share my political beliefs. That is between me and my conscience. I also don’t partake in religious discussions as that is something very personal to each human being. One thing, though, that most of my friends know I believe in is the power of energy. Positive energy begets positive energy. The religious folks want to call it “prayer.” I have no problem with that. A rose by any other name ….

We do live in a very wealthy country, and have, by far, more than folks in most all other countries. We have freedoms and liberties that people elsewhere don’t even dream exist. What can we do for this little country that’s only 700 miles off the coast of our own state? There are a number of places around that are collecting supplies to go to Haiti. Next time I go to the grocery store, I’ll pick up an extra case of water or two and drop it off. It doesn’t take that much more out of my pocketbook or time out of my day.

We also can meditate, pray, send them positive energy. In typing it, it looks kind of ridiculous, but I really do believe that it can help. The universe is made up of energy; everything is energy. Surely, the positive energy that we put forth will help.

Yes, there is a positive to this day. It’s knowing that in some small way, I can help … and I will.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see the video clip, but I find it hard to imagine that anyone who believes in a God would curse the innocents in a time of struggle and mourning. Horrifying.

    ReplyDelete