Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Friday, January 15, 2010

168 - 2 Days In 1



It was one of those mornings; one of those early mornings.  Shortly after 3am, my eyes popped open and a resounding SHIT ran through my mind.  I realized I'd forgotten to finish up some programming pertaining to commission checks and get the corresponding reports out to the managers.  I lay there for about 20 minutes running things through my mind, what still needed to be done, how quickly could I get it done, what impact was that going to have on 1099 programming.  I was at my desk (at home) by 3:30am, making notes so I wouldn't forget the solutions running through my mind, and by 4am, I was logged onto both servers starting to make the necessary changes.  The day consisted of finishing up the commission programming, changing the report design, and firing off the source code to send emails out to every manager and regional manager.  After that, it was tracking down calculation errors for the 1099's.  Around 3pm, I thought I had it licked, and then another error was pointed out to me.  In the midst of all this, I discovered that a new code my Sr. Developer had put into place to help get off the market listings off of our websites was actually causing some problems with active listings.  IMs were flying about that, as well as answering some other emails that had nothing to do with any of the above.  After 5pm, I received an email from the President of the company asking about the verbiage I put on the emails that had gone out.  Yep, I blew it.  I apologized, and changed the coding for the email body right then so I wouldn't forget to do it later.  6:45pm, I'm finally logging off work.  Yes, that's a 15+ hour day.... does that mean I get a day off soon?  (Not.)

The positives - 1099 calculation errors are fixed, and nothing is held over to be done this weekend.  My brain is tired.  I'm ready to fix some dinner and zone out in front of the tv.  Exciting Friday night!!!

TTFN!


1 comment:

  1. Just looking at a photo of your 2 screens stresses me out. You are superwoman!

    ReplyDelete