Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Thursday, December 3, 2009

124 - Mouth of Babes

Wednesday night's rehearsal found us all crammed backstage for the first time.  The kids have a long stretch where they are not on stage, basically in the middle of the show.  Our young Teddy (who is unbelievably good) captured us with her philosophy on life.  She says that adults and kids need to work as equals; that while adults know all the rules, the kids know how to have fun.  She looked around and said that of course the adults were people over 30.  Then she looked at me, and ultimately busted out laughing while trying to backpedal.  It was so cute that I can't even remember how she tried to get out of that one.  I told her she needed to write a book about this as it would probably sell well.  (She's already working on a different book, so it will have to wait.)

Follow-up from yesterday ... we have a show!!!  There were some rough spots, but all in all, we're ready for Friday.  I stayed last night to be able to watch the last scenes again, and trust me - you need tissues.  I don't know how our music director can see to play.  The end of the show is simply exquisite.  I know this is the most poignant, moving show I've been a part of ... maybe that I've seen.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment