Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Sunday, December 20, 2009

141 - Closing


Saturday, the closing show of Aussie Song; the show we were not looking forward to.  I kept telling peeps that we scheduled a matinee for Sunday ... just so we wouldn't think that tonight was our last night on stage together as a cast, singing these songs and telling this story.  It didn't work.  We were still commenting about the last time of this and the last time of that.  Closing a show is hard, but this one especially so, probably because it was about real people, a real family whom we'd gotten to know over the past 2 months. 

As I listened to the scene's, I heard some of the best singing of the songs.  I know when I sang my ballad, I let it rip.  No worries about cracking any notes, just gave it everything I had.  We really left it all on the stage.  Don't know that there were many dry eyes for the curtain call.  And Teddy (the real one) was there for the last show.  Celia called her up on stage after the curtain call to take her bow.

It might not be the best show ever written, it might be too long, it might be too sentimental, but I don't care.  It was awesome to be a part of, to be the first person to bring the character to life on stage.  I'm a sucker for sentimental, warm, fuzzy shows anyway.

Time for some much needed rest.
TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment