Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Monday, December 7, 2009

128 - IT


There's an elusive "it" that actors try to find with each performance.  It's a centering of your character; a point where the emotions of your character aren't work any more but flow naturally with the lines.  In my opinion, the most difficult thing is to find "it" because that's when the performace feels real.

Sunday's matinee ... "it" was found.  It's funny because even while on stage, there was a part of my brain thinking, "Ah, finally."  I knew that my solo was soaring and that the emotions in the scenes were real and felt.  That's not bragging; it just is. 

I'm also EXTREMELY fortunate to be working with SCW.  Her presence on stage is always so centered ... it's even evident in this photo. <3

I wish all performances could feel like that.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment