Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Sunday, December 13, 2009

135 - Who's Who?


Sunday matinee today, and Verna, from TX, was in the house.  Lindsay was nervous that the real life person she was portraying in the show was sitting there watching, but I'll tell you, her performance was spot on.  We had a sold out house today, and they fed us some good energy.  My folks were there today.  When I was peeking out the curtains before the show started, I could not find them at all.  When I came out for the curtain call, the first person I saw standing up was my dad.  I'm still smiling at that. 

I was talking with Verna before and after the show.  She said that her Mama (which is my character) was about 5' tall and tough.  I told her that when I did the character work for Mama Key, I actually thought of my own grandmother.  She was only 4'11", and tough as nails. 


Afterwards, we had an impromtu photo shoot.  How could we not when we had the real people there.  I cannot begin to express the honor and awesomeness it is to represent the Trager/Key family on stage!

Don't wade through mud up to your "particulars"!!!

The photos...
Top:  When Lindsay met Verna for the first time outside the theatre after the show. 
Middle:  The real Verna and Lindsay (Verna in the show)
Bottom:  Sisters!  And this is so cool.  (Left to right)  Stacy (plays Teddy in the show), Teddy (the real one), Verna (the real one), Lindsay (plays Verna in the show).  To boggle your mind:  Teddy and Verna are sisters-in-law.  Stacy and Lindsay are sisters in real life!


1 comment: