Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Sunday, December 20, 2009

140 - Cast Party


Friday night found some of my theatre friends in the audience.  Got some very nice compliments, like "That is the perfect role for you.  Warm and caring, and yet with fire."  "Awesome belt.  Just loved your song."  "Loved hearing you sing, and nice job of not popping the top notes."  "The gal can sing!"  "Your song last night was marvelous ... I was really impressed how great you sounded."  With some shit I was dealing with then (and still; issue for a blog soon), these were elixir to some self-esteem wounds.  They came from people who KNOW theatre; people who are directors.  Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the comments and compliments from my non-theatre peeps; after all, they're 99% of our audiences, so they're the ones we are performing for most.  My peers though, they see it from a different view point.  (OMG - I just called them my peers.)

We also had our cast party Friday night.  Stacy was so awesome to host it, and we had a TON of food.  It was pot luck, and if anyone went away hungry, it was their own fault.  I made a huge crock pot of sloppy joes - used 6 pounds of ground beef.  It was funny.  Someone, before they had any, said, "The sloppy joes aren't from a can?"  Nope.  Awesome family recipe.  Had some great white chicken chili, and DP's cheese cake, with apple slices in it, was mahvalous!

Positive end to Friday - great show and fun times with cast and friends afterwards.

And another holiday cat for ya!
TTFN!!


No comments:

Post a Comment