Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Tuesday, December 8, 2009

130 - Rehearsal


Nope.  Not a rehearsal for a show; rehearsal for a gig.  Daytona, early afternoon, for the Independent and Assisted Living Residents of Olds Hall.  Our women's motorcycle club has spent time at Christmas with them since 2001; caroling started in 2002.  My BFF and I are leading the caroling again ...

Tonight we "rehearsed" (though I'm sure what we did was a very loose definition of rehearsing).  We had our notes from previous years, so we had the song list.  What key we do the songs in, well that's a different story.  The first song we pulled out, I had 3 different keys written down on 3 different lists.  I think that was the progression through the years of trying to find the key that fits best for the old folks.

Anyway, here's how we "rehearse."  "What key do you have?"  "Ok, yeah I have that too."  If we changed the key, I was having to transpose in my head because I didn't have my keyboard with me (that will transpose for me).  We'd get part way through the song, and most likely, I'd stop playing.  Or both of us would saying, yeah, that's fine.  Whatever.  "Oh, did we do that song last year?"  We feel like we're on top of it, until we get to Olds Hall on Saturday.  Then you're liable to hear, "What key are you in?  I didn't think we were doing it in that key."  It's almost comic caroling, but the residents love it.

Positve - spending time with my BFF doing what started our friendship in the first place ... playing and singing together, then talking.  With our busy lives, we don't have much time to spend together, and I miss her.  But, I think/hope the new year will bring us learning some new music to play/sing together.  It's too much fun!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment