Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Tuesday, December 29, 2009

151 - Nine




Today, the folks and I went into Knoxville to see the new movie "Nine." The only thing I knew about the movie is the songs I'd heard while listening to the Broadway channel online and the scene Antonio Banderas did on the Tony Awards when it was nominated for best revival.  It took me a while to get into the story, and I'm still thinking about it.  I couldn't help but see parallels to the choreography and staging done for the movie "Chicago," the difference, I think, is that those scenes were supposed to be happening in Guido's mind.  "Unusual Way" is not one of my favorite Broadway songs, but I really enjoyed Nichole Kidman's version.  The "sand scene" I though was very well done.  I look forward to the DVD coming out as I would like to see it again ... and am hoping there's an extra DVD with "the making of" and "behind the scenes" clips!

With heading home tomorrow, I was trying to figure out what I was going to listen to.  Found that Barnes & Noble online has MP3 downloadable audio books.  Woot!  I searched through the thrifty section and found a couple to take with me. 

Have thoroughly enjoyed time in TN and the cool weather!
TTFN!





No comments:

Post a Comment