Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Saturday, September 5, 2009

33 - 10 Hours of Hell

Food poisoning? Stomach virus? I don't know. All I do know is that Tuesday night / Wednesday morning were 10 hours of absolute hell. After coming back from T & D's where we loaded the bike, I started getting everything else ready. The kids stuff was in different piles in the kitchen to be packed; bin of riding gear sitting there ready to be taped down; clothes in different piles in the bedroom. But, my stomach felt horrible. For about an hour, every time I got up to do something, everything in my tummy went very, very rumbly. Around 8pm everything erupted. When I had a break from the vomiting, I called TC. She said it very well could have been food poisoning, but she'd do some research and call me back. Return call - could be about anything, but fits the timeline of food poisoning. Nothing to do but ride it out; hospital won't do anything until so many hours have passed. She'd keep her phone by the bed if I needed her anytime during the night.

Somewhere between midnight and 1am, I was ready to call her and beg her to take me to the hospital. I was in the bathroom longer and more often than I was in bed. There was no hugging the porcelain throne - it was being on the throne and hugging a plastic waste basket. Somewhere around 2am, the episodes became less frequent, and there were no more after 6am. 10 hours of pure hell. I know I must have been this sick before, but I can't remember it.


The rest of the day was spent still dealing with GI issues, but at least the vomiting had stopped. Managed to get 1/2 a sandwich down. Didn't sleep at all. At 8pm on Wed night, I took two Advil PM. After 38 hours awake, I was in desperate need of sleep. It was still midnight before I fell asleep, and sleep wasn't long or deep.


Tomorrow has to be better. Maybe I can still make it to Tennessee?


Blogger's note - posted once I was well enough to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment