Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Wednesday, September 9, 2009

40 - Attitude Adjustment

Honestly, I did not feel all that good about last night's blog. After I posted it, it just didn't set well with me; it felt too negative. Shortly after posting, I received an update on a friend of mine. AG had a stroke back in 2004, and continues to have complications and needs care. BW, her 'beloved' (because 'partner' just doesn't cut it here), deserves a "Devoted of the Century" award in everything she has done for her in the past 5 years. Anyway, AG had a set back a couple of weeks ago, has been in an assisted care facility for therapy. Last week, she had a spontaneous clot in her eye, which had them very, very concerned. It could be a blood disorder (like leukemia) or be caused by the lose dose of aspirin. All of the tests came back ok thus far. Unfortunately, in her trip to the hospital for this, she lost her room at the facility she was at, and had to go to a sister location over 30 minutes away from BW. If that wasn't bad enough, they're numb to their patient's pain. Reading BW's email last night just broke my heart. (Top this off with that because of the economy, BW's income has been cut over 10%.)

After that, I read another friend’s post who is having job issues because of the economy. They're wondering if they'll be able to keep their home, having only one steady source of income.

Yes - I felt horrible about my post. Whining that I'm not told things that make my job more difficult, and there's too much for one person?? So freaking what! I have a job, and it's actually pretty secure. Even though we haven't had raises in a few years and no bonuses, my income has not been cut. No, it doesn't reduce my stress at work; they still drive me crazy. But, it reminds me what I do have and all that is positive in my life.

TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, no matter what, we all need to be able to whine and moan on occasion. The fact that we can bounce back is good, but a Pollyanna face just isn't always possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kvetching is therapeutic. Besides, sometimes misery loves company.

    ReplyDelete