Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Wednesday, September 16, 2009

47 - Meet Emma Borden

Don't know who Emma Borden is?  I'm not suprised, but you probably know about her sister, Lizzie.  Yes, that is Lizzie Borden.  I'm her older and only sister, Emma.

"After the Murders; the Quest of Lizzie Borden" will be at the Atlantic Beach Experimental Theatre (same theatre were I was in "Nunsense") the last two weekends of October and first weekend of November.  I have been cast as Lizzie's sister, Emma.  This is not a musical (what?  No singing??), so I get to really exercise my acting chops.

The play was written by Richard Wolf, who now calls Fernandina Beach home.  He has had plays performed in New York, and is a published author.  He was at the auditions this past Saturday, and I had the opportunity to chat with him when I attended another show at ABET on Saturday night.  Really nice guy, and a very good writer.

This is what ABET's site says about the show:
MYSTERY/DRAMA   WORLD PREMIERE by Fernandina Beach’s Richard Wolf. Acquitted of the ax murders of her father and stepmother in 1893, Lizzie Borden lived another 34 years and stayed right in Fall River, Massachusetts. Many of the events in her life during those subsequent years were both bizarre and fascinating as this compelling play reveals.

Here's the link to ABET's site and the show: 
http://www.abettheatre.com/current-season/after-the-murders/

I am SO excited about doing this show, and really getting into acting (not relying on my voice for roles).  My friend GLR is in the show as well, so that's doubly fun.  Tomorrow, I'll start working on learning my lines in preparation for Monday's first rehearsal.

Whoo Hoo!!! Back in the theatre!
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment