Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Tuesday, September 15, 2009

46 - Kids and Theatre

Tonight, we had the read through for Aussie Song, the December show I was cast in.  The read through was done very early I'm guessing so Frances, the playwright, could make any final changes to the script before we actually start learning it.  The show has a number of child roles in it, and the 8 year old girl playing the young Teddy is simply amazing.  She read her part pretty much flawlessly tonight, and from what I've been told, her singing voice is beyond good.  There are a few other young ones and a few teenagers.  They all read very well, and were attentive, staying with the script even when they weren't in that part of the show.

While I was emailed the script prior to tonight, I chose not to read it.  I wanted to hear it with some of the voices from the show.  I was pleasantly surprised at how the script moves, having it's serious moments and it's hilarious ones as well.  I really think the show will do well, especially since some scenes are actually in Jacksonville.

Tomorrow is the first day back at the office since last Thursday.  I think I may have to set the alarm since I've been "sleeping in" each day, that is not getting up until 7:30 or so.

TTFN!

1 comment: