Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Tuesday, September 8, 2009

39 - Rum

At 6:38 pm I sent the following to my boss, "I’m about to go off the deep end here. How the hell am I supposed to provide reports that meet the contest criteria when 1) (nameless person) doesn’t cc me or clue me in that they’ve made an change in the “rules” for Bank Owned properties, and 2) I do find out about it because a manager asks but late in the day when the first contest report is due. Seriously – how can we be expected to support, develop and keep up with everything? It’s freaking impossible." Fortunately/unfortunately, he can only sympathize.

Top that off with a long day that I still don't have the energy for and 135 unread emails in my inbox that require my attention sometime soon, it's hard to find the positive.

I did learn today, however, the bit of freedom one can achieve when Outlook is closed and the cell phone is silenced. I believe that is going to have to happen more often if I'm ever going to do more than tread water while slowly sinking.

My positive came in two forms - a video of a cat drinking from a kitchen sink that had me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes (it's posted on FB and Multiply) and sitting out back tonight. It's amazing how relaxing it is to sit out back and de-stress. My tummy was able to handle some rum tonight, which did help. And I get such joy watching Diva be the master of her yard. Don't know why that pleases me so, but it does.

Tomorrow - supposed to have our WTF meeting, but the boss has given me an 'out' if I need it. Being that I'm still trying to get my energy back from the stomach flu, he said he'd cover my agenda points for me. That will give me time to catch up a little more, instead of sitting in a meeting for a couple of hours.

Looking forward to a good night's sleep and hopefully a better outlook tomorrow.

TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. My merlot and I say goodnight to you and your rum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate. We were not told the name and point of the last giant open changed so we promoted something that didn't exist.

    ReplyDelete