Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Wednesday, August 12, 2009

12/46-365 Shoes?

Yesterday. I stopped by Dick’s Sporting Goods to look for a new pair of bowling shoes. They don’t stock anything for bowling. So today at lunch, I went across the street to Sports Authority. They had 3 different styles for women. Only one pair in my size, and it was my least favorite style. Tried it on – they run small, so it didn’t fit. The sales dude called the two other stores in Jacksonville, but neither had shoes in my size. I figured, no problem; I’ll just order them online.

Next, I wanted to get my own ball. I was tired of searching for a ball that was comfortable each time I bowled, and with our 26 week league starting up in less than a month, it was time. One of the balls was on sale, so I start hunting to see if they had any of those left. The balls were stacked 2 deep in the shelves, so I was pulling the front row out to see what kind of ball was behind it. Got near the end of the first row, pulled the ball out and behind it was not a bowling ball. Behind it was a shoe box. I just looked at it and thought, my luck can’t be that good.

It was the style I liked, in my size.

I bought the shoes and a new ball. Left Sports Authority and bought a Lotto ticket on the way back to the office. Maybe my luck will hold out.

TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. Luck would be nice in the bowling game too (they say it's skill, but when I hit the darned pocket I don't deserve that 7-10 split).

    Fun to treat yourself to something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you bowled. I just thought you were buying the shoes as a fashion statement.

    ReplyDelete