Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Friday, August 28, 2009

28 - Allergies

Ok. I'm miserable. Took my daily allergy pill this morning. After lunch was still sniffling, and then around 3 started sneezing. Took another allergy pill, but it didn't dent it much. In 3 and a half hours, I've taken 5 Benadryl trying to stop this allergy attack, and now even though I'm congested and have a horrible sinus headache, my nose and eyes are still trying to run.

I can deal with losing an evening to the Benadryl haze, and even the misery associated with it. But I am so bummed that I can't go to the Theatre Jax Awards tonight. 4 of my cast mates from Into the Woods are up for awards. It would have been so nice to see many of them tonight, plus they're having a Mexican buffet. JSG even offered to give me a ride to the theatre, but I'm too miserable to leave the house.

The reason for these blogs is to focus on the positive. It's tough tonight. I guess turning what I'm viewing as negative into a positive would be to look at it that 1) I have new friends at TJ to cheer on tonight and they know I'm pulling for them, 2) there is a product like Benadryl, and 3) there's a Criminal Minds marathon on A & E that I can veg to.

Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully sneeze free.


TTFN!





.

2 comments:

  1. I think the Mexican food would have done more for your allergies than the Benedryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drug-induced veg out isn't the worst thing. Especially with those adorable "kids" for snuggling. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete