Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Friday, August 21, 2009

21 - Momma Byrd

I was wondering what I was going to write tonight. The wonderful rain we're having ('cause you know I do like rain)? The fact that the work week is OVER? My sore fingers from playing guitar getting ready for this Sunday? Then I got an email of a post on a networking site I'm on, and the picture here was the picture on that post. I knew I'd found my positive for today as I just started smiling.

Momma Byrd, is sitting on what looks to be a suped up lawn mower. I've known her since I was 9 or 10 years old. My folks used to ride motorcycles with her and her former husband; I, of course, was trapped on the passenger seat due to age. Now in her late 70's, Momma Byrd is still riding. This pic is up in Michigan where she headed after spending time with friends in Canada ... all of those travels on her motorcycle.

It is my hope to learn to have her attitude on life. She's always in a good mood, doesn't let any one hurry her past the pace she wants to go, enjoys the friends in her life, and finds the positive in almost everything she does.

I'm fortunate to have had her in my life as a youngster, and now again as an adult. Love ya, Momma Byrd.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment