Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Sunday, August 2, 2009

2-46/365 Best Friends


Under “Friendship” on Wikipedia, it says this: “Best friend (or close friend): a person(s) with whom someone shares extremely strong interpersonal ties with as a friend.” An online forum said this: “Someone, who even though you could be pissed off at them, thousands of miles away from them or haven't seen them in years, the thought of not being friends with them anymore never even crosses your mind.”

Today’s positive blog is easy: It’s TAC’s birthday, and she’s been my best friend going on 20 years. Our friendship has evolved to “sisters” now. Neither of us have blood sisters in this lifetime, but if we had, it would have been each other. We literally have been through hell and back, came out singed but healed. When I wrecked my truck and was still trapped in the cab, she was the 2nd phone call I made, the first being 911. If that happened again, she would still be the first person I’d call, without thought or hesitation.

She’s now engaged to her beloved, and I couldn’t be happier for her. It’s been a long road to find the right person, and she’s the happiest I’ve seen her. She’s also one of the most self-disciplined people I know (fitting right in with my parents). How I wish I had half the self-discipline she does; I’d get so much done. She’s smart, witty, talented to the Nth degree.

I wish her the happiest of birthdays and many, many more. I’m eternally grateful that we have the friendship we have – I don’t know what I’d do without it.

2 comments:

  1. Almost 20 years!?! Yikes!
    A friend is someone who knows you SO well you don't dare stop being friends! HAHA! :)

    Actually, through all the years, trials and tribulations, and bs, we have both learned something. I learned that you can find someone who will be there No Matter What!

    It's been a great ride - looking forward to the next 20 years!

    Now, let's go out for our birthday lunch/dinner and act like we did 20 years ago!

    Love ya,
    t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sista! ... No Matter What! :-) Celebration soon!!!

    ReplyDelete