Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Wednesday, August 5, 2009

5/46-365 Sometimes the Humor Finds You


Today has been a day where 5 o’clock or quitting time (for me was around 6:30) couldn’t come soon enough. End of Month was a royal pain. I made some mindless errors last night (probably because of being tired and working late) that caused me to have to re-do some of the reports today. And at 4:30 there was another email from a broker questioning some of the numbers. That one waits until tomorrow! I actually left the office around 11am to try to shake the frustration. I thought everything was fixed, but low and behold another error was found that I had to fix when I got back. It’s been a long time since I needed to walk away. As grouchy and negative as I was feeling, I was wondering how my blog would be positive tonight. Well, sometimes the humor finds you.

I finally quit doing active WRC work around 6:30, and read a friend of mine’s blog. She had me cracking up. Not because of the subject matter, but because of the way it was written. It was about CNBS. No, it’s not a news channel, this is Chronic Numb Butt Syndrome, and while not it’s true scientific name (though I like it), it is something that some people experience following surgery when their back side falls asleep for too long. Evidently, it can take weeks, months, even years for it to wake up! For the past 3 weeks, I’ve been fighting tingling and numbness in the ring and little finger of my right hand. It’s pinched nerves in my neck that do not want to unpinch. At least I can shake my hand out and try to get some relief. My friend, though, posted this, “Mostly it’s annoying and I want to massage it to get the feeling back but you really can’t walk around an office massaging your own butt without raising eyebrows.” See why I was laughing?

GLR did remind me today about traction. It’s probably been over a year since I’ve had a traction session, which means I’m over due. That may help the lower vertebra in my neck let go of the stinkin’ nerve. Enough already! I’ll talk with my chiropractor next week about it.

Our daily thunderstorm came through between 6 and 7 tonight. This goofy dog of mine is afraid of thunder; she wants to lie down under my feet. We sat by the front door and watched the storm. She did sit there with me, looking ou. I fixed myself a strong drink, heated up some corn on the cob and took Goofy Dog out back to watch it rain some more. She’s nuts; she really is. She decided it was time to check out the thunder. So she goes bounding (yes bounding, like a deer, not running) to the back of the yard to stare up in the sky after it would thunder. Then she’d bound back and bite at the water running off the roof. I sipped my drink, ate my corn on the cob and laughed at her.

Sometimes the humor does find you, when you aren’t expecting it. While there are some things I should do tonight, I believe I’ll do my best imitation of a couch potato and catch up on some TVshows.

1 comment:

  1. And if it doesn't find you- seek it out! Nothing is more therapeutic than a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete