Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Saturday, August 1, 2009

1/46-365 Positive Start



Project 46-365

Most of you are probably saying, “WTH? We knew she was off her rocker, but right now the rocker isn’t even on the porch!” Well, I turn 46 today, and for some reason that number, 4 6, isn’t sitting all that well with me. I’ve not been looking forward to today and this week, I was thinking about how I could turn that around. So, taking a page from my friend JSG’s book (who is working on Project 365), I decided to do project 46-365. For the next 365 days, I will post a blog about something positive. It might be long; it might be short. It might be about something that happened that day or something years ago. The only thing I’m forcing myself to stick to is that it is positive.

“Resolutions” seem to be something we do on New Years Day, because a new year has started. But why not on our birthday? That’s a new year, and a whole lot more personal than New Years Day. Project 46-365 is my public resolution for my 46th year. Each day will be posted on Blogger, Facebook and Multiply. You can follow along; you can ignore. Feel free to comment. These sites make our worlds even smaller. (Don’t sing – that song gets STUCK in your head!) (Note: I will use initials of people to protect their privacy. Something else I learned from my friend, JSG.)

Today: 1/46-365

Today we’re having the family birthday party for ACB, my “nephew”. He doesn’t turn 1 until the 14th of August, but since his grandparents from Massachusetts are in town, it’s time to celebrate. It’s not like he knows what day of the month it is. J It will be fun spending time with the family and playing with ACB. I got him a pooh bear for his first birthday. My grandfather gave me Pooh on my first birthday, and he turns 45 today. Yes, I still have him. He’s in fantastic shape, and is one of my prized possessions.

Life is good. I am blessed to have wonderful people in my life, and a good job that allows me the freedom to spend time with them and the activities I enjoy. I’m hoping this year is filled with theatre, both on stage and in the audience, nice rides in cool, sunny weather and lots of laughter. Stepping into 46 with a positive look forward.

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY GIFT DAY!!!

    How's that for a positive spin!

    xoxo,

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. From LCB (We're both new at blogspot, and it wouldn't post for her.)

    ACB had a wonderful time with his Auntie. I was a bit teary at how well the day went off. Pooh is already well loved. :) thank you for always jumping in and helping, you are always taking good care of us. you will not find a more caring person than yourself, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy post-birthday!

    I like you 365 plan! VERY positive, VERY appropriate!

    Have fun this year! Live IS good! You deserve fun, happiness, love, and good health!

    Carpe diem, sister, cape diem!

    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete